Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Week 102 - "Great Week" - August 13 - August 19 (Primavera)

A quick post from Jonah. Glad he was able to go back and visit his first area - Cajamarca. We are getting so excited to see him - just a couple of weeks now!


So this week has been a blast!! We've been working very diligently and have been extremely busy.. We're writing so late because our Pday got pushed back a little later in the day due to some mission conferences. It's been so wonderful!! Elder Montoya, from the Area Presidency, came to visit our mission and it was so poweful!!

On Thursday, it was planned to have two separate conferences with him, each with 3 zones, and then on Friday night, we would be traveling up to Cajamarca for the last conference with just the one zone. Sooooo, what ended up happening, is Elder Montoya´s flight got delayed and he ended up getting to Trujillo early Thursday morning instead of Wednesday night, so we pushed the two first conferences together and had a mass meeting of 6 zones!! It was so great!! There were about 130ish missionaries all together! And, man, does Elder Montoya know how to bear testimony. I had NEVER heard such a powerful testimony of Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, and the Book of Mormon in my entire life, and I still remember clearly the strength of the Spirit that entered into me when he bore his testimony. It was undeniable, and made my own testimony grow ten-fold. I'm so glad that I was there, and that I got to hear his testimonies, and I feel excited to continue growing in my own and sharing it with everyone.

Directly after the conference, we had an interchange with Elder Wynn and Elder Angulo de León. It was soo cool! After almost 2 years, Elder Wynn and I proselyted again together and it was so cool to see how we had changed and how we have grown. Super fun. Friday night, we got on the 10pm bus up to Cajamarca, had another wonderful conference, got to see some sights (not sure if I'll get the pictures up...ojalá) Now we're getting ready to head back down on another night bus to be back for Sacrament meeting in our ward tomorrow. Busy, busy, busy jajaja, I love it.

Anyway, not a ton of time to write, but I love you all so very much and want you to know that I am here in Perú because I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God. A prophet of God in these days promised us that if we read the Book of Mormon every day, we will be more apt to hear the Spirit, more willing to resist temptation, more prepared to deal with our daily challenges, and more worthy to receive the blessings of heaven. I know personally that this is true, because for the past
4 months, I have read the Book of Mormon every day, and I feel those blessings fully in my own life. I love the Book of Mormon because it helps me to be more sensitive to the Spirit and to those in my surroundings. It helps me be more like Christ, and that's why I HAVE to read it every day, because I want to be more like Him. I would invite you that if you're not reading it every day, do it. If you've never read it, or even heard of it, try it, and experience the difference. I love you and share this with you because I love you. Have an excellent week and keep getting up after falling down!





No comments:

Post a Comment