Saturday, February 4, 2017

Week 74 - "Hey" Jan 30 - Feb 4 (Casa Grande - Primavera)

Big news from Peru.  Jonah was called by President Marble early Friday morning and was asked to pack up all of his things and come to Trujillo.  They were actually already going there for a Zone Conference, but now he had to bring everything with him.  Jonah has been called to serve as an Assistant to President and Sister Marble.  His companion is the other assistant, his name is Elder Nuñez - he is from Buenos Aires, Argentina.  The assistant's work with the President to help teach and train missionaries throughout the mission.  They travel to all of the areas in the mission but will be based in Trujillo in an area called Primavera.


Welp. Sorry everybody for being really lame with emails in these past few weeks, but I promise I'm going to better. Haha, sometimes there's just not a lot of time. I hope that the fotos got to everyone from Elder Israel, if not, let me know, and I can send the fotos from last week. 

This was a great week! So, we were able to teach a lot of people, and find a lot of new people here in Casa Grande. We've been working with this family and they are so dang great! The familia Vasquez Portilla. There are only 3 in the family: Roger (40) Raquel (40) and their son Roger (12). We found them the other week during an interchange with Ascope when I was with Elder Palmer (the tall gringo from Alaska), and they are really REALLY prepared. When we taught them for the first time, we were only able to talk to Roger the son with 12 years, and we gave him a Book of Mormon. When we came back the second time, he was with his parents, and he had already taught them how the Gospel was Restored and what the Book of Mormon was. His parents were interested in what it was, so we were able to give them their own copies to read and mark. The third time that we visited them, they had studied one night together as a family, writing down questions and summaries of what they had been able to read and learn in the Book of Mormon. It was so cool! Their family is being united through the book, just like mine has been in the past. 

I remember that reading the Book of Mormon was always a time to be together for a moment and do something spiritual. I didn't really understand why it was so important to read together before, but I can understand it now. I remember sometimes complaining about it haha, whoops, sorry Mom and Dad. But I do also remember that their was a time when I had to get up early to go to school and so I wasn't able to read with the family so Dad got up with me early before work to read a chapter before I headed off. I look back at that now and realize that it was one of the best things that we could've done. Maybe they were commonplace moments before the mission, but I now treasure them and share them with people almost every day. Thanks Dad, it was worth it! Haha So yeah anyway, that was really cool to see that with the familia Vasquez. The Book of Mormon works miracles!

So we had some quick transfers as well this past week on Friday, and I'm already out of Casa Grande. I love my time there, even though it was so short. I'm now here in Primavera with Elder Nuñez as one of the President's assistants. I'm super excited to work here and I will let you all know how our new area is! I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!! Read the Book of Mormon as a family, even if its boring or the kids complain. You won't ever regret it! Chao!!! 
























No comments:

Post a Comment