Thursday, April 7, 2016

Week 30 - "Helloooo" Mar 28 - April 3 (Cajamarca)


Jonah was quite excited to listen to General Conference last week.  He said they were able to watch it in English at the church or they could listen to it in Spanish.  He said he can understand about 98% of everything spoken to him.  Previously he mentioned that he enjoyed a hot shower in Trujillo when he was there last week.  We asked him what a normal shower is like, his response "our shower isn't terrible cold..I would say lukewarm. But I'm used to it...I just had forgotten the blessings of a hot shower jaja"

Hey everybody!!! So this last week was super stinking fantastic!!! Because it was CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!! Dude conference is so sick. It seriously keeps getting better every 6 months. Seriously, this last conference was my favorite that I've ever seen. It's been a whole lot more applicable ever since I got out here on the mission, and I hope that I can continue to make it more applicable even after my mission. I feel like this last conference had one focus more than anything, and it was the family. There were literally so many talks about the family, which was super cool. It also made me feel a little tronky jaja, not sure if that's an English or a Spanish word. But yeah anyway, I recommend for ALLLL of you to go and watch conference. If you've already seen it, watch it again. Cuz dude, those are profets. Anyway, if I had a recomendación especifico I would tell all of you to go and watch the two talks by President Deiter F. Uchtdorf, Jeffery R. Holland, David A. Bednar, and Dale G. Runland. Those were my favorites from this year, and they are just so doctrinally sweet and spiritually invigorating.

Also, this last Saturday, o sea 2 days ago, Elder Garside and Elder Hunt had a baptism! It was super cool, and super spiritual. His name is Pablo Coronado, and he is just a baller. We had the baptism in our ward in Baños del Inca, and then we watched conference right afterward in the building, but us three gringos went into the Secrataries Office to watch it in English. It was a party. We also ate American cereal with whole milk, and I about cried tears of joy. I also spilled a ton of milk on my pants..but there's no use crying over it...jajajaja wow hilarious. Welp. That was about the whole week! I will let you know anything else out of the ordinary next week! I love you guys so much! Keep saying your prayers! And also watch Conference! Chauskis!! 

Me doing something...I don't really know

Read the Scriptures Rocks!!

Baptism of Pablo Coronado and Elder Garside and Elder Hunt

Baptism of Pablo Coronado


Gringos watching conference in English!!!

Our pet for 2 minutes

Killed by the hand of mi hijo

My glasses holder!  This thing is so sweet, just look at it

No comments:

Post a Comment