Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week 38 - "Woahhhh" May 23 - May 29 (Trujillo)

It is now winter in Peru.  Trujillo, nicknamed the city of "everlasting spring"has been quite nice as far as temperature goes.  Jonah finds this quite fortunate as he says that he has not had a hot day in a while and in fact a few chilly days.  By now you can probably guess how Jonah will start his weekly letter...  It has been Crazy and Great!

Hello everybody! So I had probably one of the craziest and greatest weeks of my entire mission this past week! It started off nice and smooth, with the arrival of aother missionary from a different zone. He came over to our zone a week before cambios, and lived with me and Elder Price for the whole week. His name is Elder Cogollo and he's from Colombia. He was actually trained By Elder Price, so that was pretty cool. Then, on Wednesday, we had Concilio! Which is always fantastic! That's the meeting with all of the zone leaders in the whole mission, and we just get training from the assistants and President for a day. It was super great! That's when I found out who would be my new companion. As you may have known, Elder Price is going home after 2 years here in Peru. I had such a stinkin great time with Elder Price, seriously went by so fast. Good luck out there Elder Price!! I love you!! So...my new companion is....Elder Marshall!! He was an Assistant for about the last year and is incredible. He is probably the best missionary in the mission. And he's my companion. I'm going to have a BLAST with him during this next transfer. I'm going to be learning a ton. Like a ton a ton. It'll be pretty crazy. We aso learned a lot about planning. It might surprise some of you, especially you mom, that I know how to plan super well now. And I'm actually super pumped when I have a plan, and I get way more done. So that's kinda funny, because I never planned for anything before my mission jajaja. But yeah, then afterwards, we went to the beach!! And we played a whole bunch of sports and it was super beautfiul and we had some great weather. It's not even hot, it's just nice and tibio. But yeah, then Elder Price and I left early to go to the temple! It was so great!! We went with our recent converts (Antonio, Ronald, and Sandra), and they did baptisms and then we confirmed them. And the best part was that everyone brought names! I brought 15 names, Ronald brought 5 (one of them was his dad), and Sandra and Antonio brought a couple each. SO AWESOME!!! Probably one of the coolest experiiences I've ever had and ever will have. Then the rest of the week was basicaly getting Elder Price ready to go home. He got into the mission home on Sunday night and will be flying home this afternoon. We'll see you later Elder Price!! Okay, so that was basically it! Sorry I'm kinda busy and apurado so I'll talk to you all later!! I love you all so much!!!!!


Leadership Council on the beach!

Sister Pineda singing and Jonah playing the piano at a Leadership Meeting 

No comments:

Post a Comment